Author: Gospel Order
Sri Lanka mudslides: Death toll reaches 92 with many still missing
The death toll from floods and landslides caused by heavy rains in Sri Lanka has risen to 92, officials said.
Soldiers looking for victims recovered at least seven more bodies on Sunday from Aranayake – one of the worst-hit villages in the district of Kegalle.
Starting last weekend Sri Lanka has seen the heaviest rains in 25 years. Continue reading…
Half a million flee as Cyclone Roanu hits Bangladesh
Cyclone Roanu battered the coast of southern Bangladesh on Saturday, forcing half a million people to flee their homes and leaving 23 people dead in floods and rain-triggered landslides.
Authorities in low-lying Bangladesh took more than 500,000 people into shelters as the cyclone made landfall just after midday local time (0600 GMT), packing winds as strong as 88km per hour. Continue reading…
Pope in historic talks with Grand Imam of Al-Azh
“Pope Francis has met the grand imam of Cairo’s Al-Azhar Mosque at the Vatican in a historic encounter that was sealed with a hugely symbolic hug and exchange of kisses. The first Vatican meeting on Monday between the leader of the world’s Catholics and the highest authority in Sunni Islam marks the culmination of a significant improvement in relations between the two faiths since Francis took office in 2013. …Ties were badly soured when the now-retired Benedict made a September 2006 speech in which he was perceived to have linked Islam to violence, sparking deadly protests in several countries and reprisal attacks on Christians.”
One has to realize the craftiness of the beast to really appreciate what’s going on here. Benedict, as evil as he was as pope, was not the catalyst that brought the Muslims to anger that caused them to start killing Christians en masse. If it was, the killings would have begun at his remarks in 2006 wherein he said the (so called) prophet Muhammad’s teachings were “evil and inhuman.” Continue reading…
Journalist’s admission a step to legitimizing pedophilia
“About a month ago, I wrote a column detailing a prediction that in its ongoing efforts to debase society, the political left would soon see fit to begin legitimizing pedophilia. To this end, pedophiles would form activist groups as the North American Man-Boy Love Association did in the 1970s and 1980s – but this time, they would have prominent, deep-pocketed supporters. Those who believe that child molesters should be fed into the handiest wood-chipper will be characterized as bigots by snarling liberals – just as occurred when citizens tried to prevent other sexual deviants from running roughshod over individual liberties. In my commentary, I maintained that just as the “rights” of transgendered people came to supersede the privacy rights and safety of our women and children, the “rights” of people who include sex acts with children among their lifestyle choices (which a panel of scrawny, pony-tailed university professors will declare are hardwired into their DNA and therefore “normal”) will supersede the rights of all American children to Life, Liberty, and the Pursuit of Happiness.” –Source
As nice as it is to see a secular journalist reporting on something students of prophecy have been predicting for just over two decades; it’s still not an easy thing to witness in today’s world because now, innocent little children are targeted by our political and church leaders. The lusts of the flesh have grown so far into perversion that they are actually passing laws legalizing sin in its most vile format. I can honestly see how and why Lot was so vexed by living among homosexuals back then. Continue reading…
Naked man jumps into a zoo’s LION enclosure in desperate ‘suicide bid’ and survives
A NAKED man who jumped into the big cat enclosure at a Chilean zoo in a desperate ‘suicide bid’ survived – but only after the lions attacking him were shot dead.
Santiago authorities confirmed the two beasts were killed as they mauled the 20-year-old who had broken into their compound early on Saturday. Continue reading…
Analysis: Scientists agree GMOs are safe, but unlikely to convince skeptics quickly
Earlier this week, the National Academy of Sciences — a science group founded by the U.S. Congress— issued its latest report on genetically engineered crops.
The report concludes that GMOs, genetically modified organisms, are safe to eat.
But even before it came out, the report and the NAS were criticized by Food & Water Watch, a consumer rights group. It accused some members of the committee that prepared the report of receiving research funding from biotech companies, or having other ties to the industry. Continue reading…
Lake Mead hits all-time low amid ongoing drought
LAS VEGAS – The surface level at Lake Mead has dropped as planned to historic low levels, and federal water managers said Thursday the vast Colorado River reservoir is expected to continue to shrink amid ongoing drought.
The closely controlled and measured lake shrunk Wednesday to its lowest point since Hoover Dam was completed in 1936 – with a surface level of 1,074.68 feet above sea level.
The U.S. Bureau of Reclamation plans to let it drop another few feet by the end of next month. Then, it will be refilled enough by the end of the year to pass a crucial water-level mark to avoid cuts in water deliveries to residents, farms, tribes and businesses in Arizona, Nevada and California. Continue reading…
Apocalyptic scenes in Indonesia as deadly volcano erupts, spewing hot ash, killing 7 (VIDEO,PHOTOS)
Choking plumes of hot ash, thick smoke and torrents of lava – such apocalyptic scenes could be witnessed in Indonesia as Mount Sinabung struck, killing at least seven people. Social media has been flooded with photos and videos of the devastating volcano rumbling to life. Continue reading…Honolulu to pay $80K to lesbian couple jailed after kissing at grocery store
HONOLULU (AP) – Honolulu has agreed to pay $80,000 to settle a lawsuit from two gay women who allege a police officer wrongfully arrested them after seeing them kissing in a grocery store.
Details of the settlement were announced Friday in federal court in Honolulu. It’s still subject to City Council approval. The council is expected to consider the settlement at a July 6 meeting, said Honolulu Deputy Corporation Counsel Nicolette Winter. Continue reading…
A step that could lead to an eventual embrace of the presumptive Republican nominee